Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Approaching 3 out of 3??? Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself!!!!

So I've had a hard time writing in this thing lately because the irony has just been killing me.  Brittanie was sweet when she named my blog "just an ordinary desk job" because she knew how much I hated my job, but my recent lack of a job (ordinary or desk) was just too depressing for me to handle.  Anyway, I guess i can OFFICIALLY announce now that I have a new job! I started yesterday working for Paramount Pictures! I am an executive assistant to the Senior VP of Strategy and Operations in Theatrical distribution.  So, I am doing lots of assistant stuff (making tea, ordering supplies, etc) but I am also going to be responsible for generating several reports.  They are kinda boring and detailed, and since I don't even know much about them, I will save you the details.  But yeah, I get to work on a movie lot, in the center of Hollywood, and it really is cool.  I am making pretty good money and I have these really weird things called "benefits" that I've never experienced before.

And now a List of all the stuff I did during my recent 6-week vacation (otherwise known as "unemployment"):

Went to Venice Beach every Monday for lunch with Bret
Went to Disneyland TWICE
Took a Girlfriend's Getaway trip to Utah for 4 days
Saw one of my favorite bands, Keane, in concert (amazing)
Went to the beach numerous times
Shopped a LOT
Finished my scrapbook thus far
Walked to the grocery store 3 times a week 
Watched more Bravo than I would like to admit
Slept till 10:00 most days
Made my sweet calendar
Read 2 books (would have been more without all the tv)
Moved into my studio
Went to San Diego for a weekend
Celebrated Hillary's birthday
Got a few pedicures
Went to two Dodger games
Played tennis
Tried fondue for the first time
Saw a friend's band play at a Hookah Bar in North Hollywood
Saw Hillary, Brittanie, Brittany, Nicole B, Nicole V, Barbara and Lana
And how can we forget the tranny bar in Koreatown??

Looking at it this way, I was pretty prolific!  At the time it really felt like I was in bed all day, but I guess I sell myself short.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

So funny! I am glad that I was able to spend time with you during your "break." Love you lots!